EXCEL is tested and listed by Intertek Testing Services to two safety standards:
- UL 103HT - The standard for solid and liquid fuel chimneys installed in the USA.
- Along with many other tests the UL 103HT Standard requires the chimney to withstand three 10 minute chimney fires at 2100°F (1150°C).
- Listing #5965
- ULC S-629 - The standard for solid and liquid fuel chimneys installed in Canada.
- Along with many other tests the ULC S-629 Standard requires the chimney to withstand three 30 minute chimney fires at 2100°F (1150°C).
- Listing #5965
EXCEL chimney is suitable for use on appliances that burn:
- It is specifically engineered for wood burning stoves, fireplaces and residential furnaces.
Allowable Flue Gas Temperatures
Max Continuous 650°C (1200°F)
Brief Forced Firing 925°C (1700°F)
Tested To 1150°C (2100°F)
Clearance to Combustible Materials
2” clearance except in areas protected by factory-built supports certified for reduced clearance. EXCEL round and square supports permit the chimney to be installed with approximately 1 inch of clearance - in the area shielded by the support.
.016” 304 or FW2 stainless steel
.016” 430 stainless steel
Interior and exterior seams are continuous seam welded
Thermoplus continuous blanket
Wall thickness: 1”
All black EXCEL components are painted with Forrest “Stove Bright” flat black paint
Try the Excel Chimney Configuration Tool
Need help choosing the right components to install your chimney?
If you’re installing a wood stove, our chimney configuration tool will walk you through finding all the right parts for your job.Learn more